There is no question too big or too small for our team. Below are some answers to our most common questions.
What is ZumiVet? How does it work?
ZumiVet provides veterinary care in the comfort of your home. Our doctor and veterinary nurse come to your home and offer a full range of veterinary services for your pet. From vaccines to sick care, we do it all!
Who should use ZumiVet?
- Busy working professionals who don’t have the time to go to the vet
- Pet parents with multiple pets
- Pet parents with limited mobility
- Pets with limited mobility
- Pets fearful of car rides or going to the vet
- Pet parents who want a more personalized and tailored veterinary experience
Where will the visit take place?
Most pet parents prefer for the visit to take place inside their homes, where their pets feel most comfortable. Our doctor and technician will follow all current CDC-recommended COVID-19 precautions to keep everyone safe. However, if you prefer, the appointment can take place outside in your yard, or we can take your pet into our state-of-the-art mobile vet van for a contact-free visit.
How should I prepare for my visit?
- Please fill out the new client questionnaire.
- Obtain any sedative medications necessary for your pet to make this a positive experience
- Make sure your pet is hungry and have his or her favorite treats ready.
- Make sure to submit or gather any previous medical records.
- Having your cat in a carrier is preferred but you could also put them into a bathroom. Cats like to hide and we need to make sure we can examine your cat when we arrive. Click here for helpful tips on carrier training your cat.
What if my pet is having an emergency?
If your pet has any of the following problems, don’t waste a moment! Take them directly to an emergency hospital:
- Major trauma (high rise fall, hit by car, dog fight, etc.)
- Sudden inability to stand or walk
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Difficulty breathing
- Sudden disorientation, weakness, or stupor
- Seizures, fainting, or loss of consciousness
- Persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Male cat or male dog straining to urinate
- Ingestion of drugs, poisons, toxic plants
San Diego Emergency Hospitals:
VCA Emergency Animal Hospital & Referral Center
VCA Animal Specialty Group
Veterinary Specialty Hospital Sorrento Valley
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center
What if my pet needs surgery or anesthesia?
Our doctor performs anesthetic procedures weekly at a brick-and-mortar practice.
How much does ZumiVet cost?
Please see our price list for prices on our most popular services.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Fill out our online appointment request form here.
What types of animals do you see?
We’re proud to offer exceptional care for canines (dogs) and felines (cats).
What is your cancellation policy?
You can cancel your appointment up to 24 hours before your scheduled time. Canceling within 24 hours of a visit will incur a cancellation fee equal to the cost of the appointment type (ex: house call and exam fee, euthanasia fee, initial rehabilitation consultation fee, rehabilitation treatment fee). If your appointment was scheduled within 24 hours of the appointment, there is a 15-minute grace period to cancel the appointment. Please text or call us at (619) 897-7067 or email us at [email protected] to cancel or reschedule your appointment.